Wednesday, January 16, 2013

At home in the woods

I am here. I Have to say it feels a lot like a dream, but a beautiful dream. Last night the farm family threw us a big welcome dinner that captured my heart. It was complete with pecan crusted tilapia, mashed sweet potatoes and roasted green beans made by the amazing Martha and Chris. All throughout the evening we were showered with gifts and words of encouragement. It was beautiful and so humbling because all I could do was receive all evening. Mel gave me a watercolor of a lighthouse. Molly gave me a set of three stunning antique handkerchiefs, and one has an embroidered E on it. Justina gave us each a roll of leather that we are going to use to make a journal. Chris gave us each a book and journal for writing and creating. This beautiful night was brought to a close by all the staff surrounding us and singing over us.
My heart is so happy to be here. So safe so beautiful. This is going to be a beautiful season.

No comments: